Tuesday, August 9, 2011



I felt the grind of the rocks on my bare feet as I tread from one rock to another, closing in to the edge of the cliff. I am in an obscure Thai beach, away from people's view.
It was the sound of the sea that pulled me and as if I was under a spell I edged in closer & closer until there were three more huge rocks and there it was...the vast ocean. There was a moment's hesitation, I could either loose my footing when I jump through the distance between the rocks because of the slippery moss on it or I could fall off into the water. And I cant swim.
I fleetingly saw more than a dozen crabs crawling on the crevices as the waves roared, washing the rocks creating white foams and tiny cat fishes wriggled to get back in the sea. It was their world that I was in.
The sun's ray escaping from the overshadow of smoky clouds glittered the water's surface and it simmered.
I took off my sarong from my waist, the only thing that I was wearing and I leaped onto the next boulder. And I was on the edge, I stood still and closed my eyes. I felt the power of the waves vibrating on the rocks and its force rushed through my feet and into my heart..
A Frenchman once told me that when we were born, when nature takes it course of pulling us out from the dreamy oblivion of our mother's womb the experience is traumatic...the sudden expulsion of pressure from our ears, blinding light and the strange feeling of taking our first breath of air.
As I stood there wearing nothing but my skin, my body sweating from the heat and the aggressive rush of life in my veins at that moment I thought I'd go through that experience of being born again. And again. For what I saw in front in front of me. Beauty to its lair. I gulped in the seawind and I screamed out.

I felt insignificantly small as I stared at the sea. All our dreams & worries, the humdrum of day to day life must've seem so futile in her eyes. I was nothing more important than a sea urchin, the fish or the crabs...I was only a speck of life to her. For one silly moment, I felt wise with that knowledge of my insignificance and I smiled.

I still felt like a naked Goddess 

No comments: