Saturday, December 20, 2008

I don’t have the luxury of being a purist…I wake up every morning to this world that’s full of agony. Shunning away from the Tv doesn’t really work coz I still cant help but read newspapers that come to my doorway every morning bringing news of terrorism, crime and violence...n I shift in my bed uncomfortably. The journalist who hurled his shoes to the President is being labeled a Hero by Pakistani media and the like. During dinner my frens wud tell me that India’s silence in regard to the recent attack in Mumbai is the quiet before a storm. Are we on the brink of war? A lot of people are accusing India for not taking any step..Military or otherwise….obviously the diplomatic rhetoric and running to mommy and daddy (US and Britain) ain’t working. The thing is people DIED out there.
I am reading ‘We the living’ by Ayn Rand…The book’s backdrop is that of a war torn Soviet and I wud consider myself lucky for being born in a time without war…my Granma used to tell me stories about their ordeal during the last world war. Mom’s generation was pretty peaceful altho she married a poverty stricken family…And now me. I am not Nostradamus, I can’t perdict but considering the present situation, I am not sure if this era will be War free. This is a different sort of time where people hate each other so much…Bangalore’s traffic for instance, is enuf to summon a road rage that’s alarmingly scary. If somebody accidently touch ur car even a tiny lil’ bit, u’d screamed all ur motherf*** hatred in a gush of derogatory. Nobody listens to Bob M’s love for one another I’d say. I noticed one thing..When the Palestinian came on TV screaming Allah o Akbar out on the street when their homes were burnt down, some of my Muslims frens wud shiver and tell me they feel so violently for them, that their heart reached out to those who lost so much in the despicable horror. So how did all of this really started..The US of A has a reputation of stickin their fingers on any country’s ass…Oil being the agenda. And the bearded fundamentalist followed suit. The Hindus' demolition of Babri Masjid was another mistake. Does it really matter if a temple stood before that? What about the people who were burnt alive in that train? We all look at the bearded guys with strange eyes. Even after 16 years, we spent that fateful day in anticipation whether another terror attack will strike again...We could no longer sit in our living room and ask them to leave us alone…they’ll crawl right back to us. I had to write this. It has been culled out of me. What next? Peace process with Pakistan has been put on hold…Pakistanis media laughs on our own distrust of the Indian police. Our PM’s dependency on the bureaucrats let those on high commands go scot-free even after the fiasco. India requests US and Pakistan to take action n shamelessly tells us that life must go on with its timid bit of ‘asking for the LeT leader to be handed’ being the only so called action they've taken so far, Not reassuring I must say. Should we all start carrying guns like those in Afghanistan to protect ourselves? Ratan Tata, who owns the Taj groups has declared he’ll have his own set-up to counter terror. Our police are incompetent. Funny thing I see a lot of police guarding our night clubs here…Lol..we call ‘em our moral police…Pretty busy scaling up and down all the girls in short skirts. I remembered Sharon Stone being badmouthed by the Chinese media for saying that it was Karma that many Chinese died in the recent quake. Hmm...y am I writing about Sharon? Got distracted…oh yeah, the Tibetan refugees……
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… n the vicious cycle continues….

No comments: