Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rome was fascinating, It was unbearably hot & bright and none of us slept after doing a 12hrs flight and I had been awake for about 20 hrs and yet we headed off for a tour right after we touched the Roman soil. I especially liked the Colosseum and of course the Vatican City was awesome! The elaborate paintings on the walls, the space inside and the feel of St Peter's was great.
And I have never been hit on by so many men in one day! It didnt happen the first day I wore a jean & a hooded black shirt (well, it was hot as hell but I was gonna go to the church & I heard they wont let us in if I am scantily dressed) The next day I thot, the hell with it so I went in my brown Marciano dress) Italian men are so good at tryin their luck.. random guys on the streets, waiters, locals askin us for direction just so to start a conversation, to restaurants owners where we ate! I asked that owner if they sell cigarettes in his restaurant and he took off on his bike to get me 2 packs. Free!

I did enjoy Italy & I think I needed a breather from my suffocating depression that I was goin thru..And I went for this flight only to get a bottle of Barolo..I was in no mood to fly after I went to east coast the same afternoon and sat at the beach staring at the distance...I saw couples sitting together, some of them would look at opposite directions and it occur to me I d rather not stay in with a guy if it meant we would one day do the same..eat in silence, sit afar, and all the things that people who fell out of love does..I thot of having two separate places to live in just so I could have 2-3 hrs of pure passionate meetings...every week or maybe in a month. Weird reasoning. I am such a sucker for momentary fireworks..I need to wake up. Maybe I am bullshitting.






No comments: