Friday, June 11, 2010

From Russia with love

2.15 am.

I saw the outsides from my hotel room and the weather was just nice for an evening stroll and before I could change & leave my room, it started raining. So, I just stood there watching the rain and people rushing. I think I should start sketching again. Use colors this time. Beige & black & white to begin with..


In Houston, there was this black american driver who told us we are so open & talkative when we re not in uniform and the moment we don our blues we become military officers with stoic facial expressions..I told him that its downright not true, coz I like to talk with or without clothes on! Made the old guy laughed. In London, one woman approached me of all the others & told me that her grandson is on my flight and asked me if I could take care of the toddler..I smiled & said absolutely & not to worry coz he'll do just fine on my flight! She had this happy smile as I waved her goodbye. Sometimes, passengers just walked with us, talking to me & thinking I know the routes when I am as lost as the rest of the crew..& Heathrow is a huge airport. When I get up from my crewseat, some passengers seated just across me would get up instinctively & I'd tell them that I am not in the military, so sit down & relax..That breaks the ice. And It did help me coz i spilled three singapore slings on her later that flight. And she was wearing a white shirt...She said 'ah,its awrite!'


The flight back here in Moscow was a long one and smokers walked faster than the rest, I reached the coach earlier and I was smoking when I saw these flowers on the roadside. I walked down to touch one of the yellow flowers (out of curiosity) and I thot no one would see me do that, so when I walked in the bus, one leading guy & three girls were cracking jokes at me..'You know, all the cars stopped when your sarong flew up in the wind & you were so mesmerized by the flowers & so were the guys! And I said Yea, I did that on purpose. But my legs ain't that long unless you fancy a chicken leg..


It was windy as hell so when we walked out of the airport we all did the Marlyn Monroe but without the sex appeal.

I must sleep now. I ve a wake up call at 11.

No comments: