Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Went to the Clift at Sentosa...It was a really nice restaurant, amidst green and water and I could see the sea at the distance and lights from the ships. Tried Foie Gras, raw Oysters ( that didn't feel nice as it went in my throat) and Black Cod with 3 glasses of Champagnes. Or was it 4?
We took separate taxis. Its ironic that I still feel bad..My skin sud ve been thick by now.
The taxi driver took about 5 or 6$ less. In india, auto drivers would kill me if I dont pay him 200Rs. Maybe it was because I spoke to him, listened as he spoke of his life, his addiction to gambling, his son who committed suicide...People could be so hungry for someone to just talk to. Perhaps the most common disease that kills man is feeling unloved, not Tuberculosis or AIDS. Waved goodbye to him, another face in the ocean of strangers i meet each day..Some up in the air, some down here..Came home, changed into a black French Connection tiny dress that I got from London and waited...I loved what followed.
All this time I thot the best thing I ever wrote or sketched on paper was when I was emotionally torn. Thot oblivion was better than seeing the light of day..I was so wrong. Well, I'll need my old journal & sketchbook to know for sure...Think I ve burnt them. It did make a nice bonfire

No comments: